If you’ve never been to a writers’ conference, St. Louis Writers Guild’s fifth annual writers’ festival in Kirkwood Park is the perfect way to start. The free mini-conference will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 23, at Lions Amphitheater in Kirkwood Park, 111 S. Geyer Rd. No pre-registration is required.
Created to honor the Guild’s 90th Anniversary, the day includes free workshops led by industry professionals, books from local authors, and food for all to enjoy.
This year the Guild is proud to present:
- New York Times bestselling author Heather Brewer
- New York Times bestselling author Angie Fox
- Award-winning author Sarah M. Anderson
- STL Books owner Robin Theiss
- Writer, illustrator and cover artist Jennifer Stolzer
Presenters for the Young Writers workshops will be:
- YA/MG author Margo L Dill—for 4th-8th grade students
- YA authors Cole Gibsen and Sarah Bromley--for high school students
- Carol McAdams Moore, who writes for tweens and beginning readers, will host a Make-A-Book table
Writers in the Park 2014 is sponsored by a generous gift from Commerce Bank.
In case of extreme heat or rain, the conference will move indoors at the Kirkwood Community Center. Click Here for the Kirkwood Parks website. View the full event schedule on www.stlwritersguild.org.