Bestselling fantasy author Eric R. Asher will offer tips on using third-party tools and Facebook ads to rapidly grow your reader base at the St. Louis Writers Guild workshop from 10 a.m. to noon, June 4, at Kirkwood Community Center, 111 S. Geyer Rd, Kirkwood, Mo. Free to Guild members; $5 for nonmembers.
“A solid marketing strategy is important whether you're traditionally published or self-published,” he said. “While established strategies like blog tours and release parties can still be effective, authors need scalable, long-term campaigns to help keep their readers engaged.”
Eric will discuss:
1. Why newsletters are one of the most reliable marketing tools.
2. How to bring more subscribers onto your lists.
3. Why Facebook ads are more powerful than ever, and how anyone can benefit from them.
4. Landing pages, and why you need them.
5. His three favorite list-building courses and companies.
6. Effective sites for promoting discounted ebooks.
We will also review the upcoming St. Louis book convention, Penned Con.
Eric is the author of the Vesik urban fantasy series and the Young Adult steampunk series, Steamborn. He is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers. www.ericrasher.com.
Learn more about the St. Louis Writers Guild at www.stlwritersguild.org.