Starting the day will be a free, online workshop from 10 a.m. to noon featuring international speaker and four-time bestselling author Jill Lublin. She will focus on how to “Get Known Everywhere Using Publicity.”
Discover how to be the #1 Influencer in your industry by boosting your credibility and amplifying your media visibility. Based on her international bestseller, Guerrilla Publicity, Jill Lublin shares simple strategies and provides cost-effective short‐term, doable tactics. Helping you understand what the media is looking for, so you and your brand can stand out, get noticed and go from unknown to newsworthy.
Jill shares her proven secrets to understanding what the media wants and provides cost effective short‐term, doable tactics that boost credibility and increase visibility for you and your brand. You will:
1) Understand the real purpose of publicity- To boost your credibility and amplify your visibility.
2) Uncover your "Oooooo, Ahhhhhh!" factor. Find the Wow! that sets you apart from the crowd.
3) You are the news! Craft a riveting message that lets others know who you are and what you do.
4) Simplify! Learn how the pros mesmerize the masses by tailoring their message to the level of a five-year-old.
5) Write a four-sentence announcement that ignites a local media frenzy.
6) Pass the all-important "Who cares?" test by showcasing your expertise in a way that commands attention.
Consultations with editors are $40. Sign up by clicking the button on the website’s Event page. The form asks for your editor preference. If you sign up before all the editors have been announced, you will be contacted for your first choice. Pages are requested by Sept. 1 to allow editors time to review them. Editing consultations with Meghan Pinson and Andrew Doty and query letter critiques with Catherine Bakewell will be held between 1-3 p.m., Sept. 12.
JILL LUBLIN is an international speaker on the topics of Radical Influence, Publicity, Networking, Kindness and Referrals. She is the author of four bestselling books including Get Noticed...Get Referrals (McGraw Hill) and co-author of Guerrilla Publicity and Networking Magic. Her latest book, Profit of Kindness, went #1 in four categories. Jill is a master strategist on how to position your business for more profitability and more visibility in the marketplace. She is CEO of a strategic consulting firm and has over 25 years’ experience working with over 100,000 people plus national and international media. Jill teaches a virtual Publicity Crash Course and consults and speaks all over the world. She also helps authors to create book deals with major publishers and agents, as well as obtain foreign rights deals. Visit publicitycrashcourse.com/freegift and jilllublin.com
Learn more about St. Louis Writers Guild virtual events at www.stlwritersguild.org/virtual-events.
Post a Comment